Lordís Day 8 Themes and Divisions
G. Van Popta
- Who will care for us?
- Who will save us?
- Who will renew us?
God calls you to trust and worship him as he is: Three-in-One
- He made this plan by his works
- He now confirms this by his Word
God of heaven and earth is triune
- Two modern concepts of God
- Three distinct persons are one God
- One glorious identity of God
God too great for us to understand adopts sinful people to be his children
- Who this great God is
- What this great God does
confession concerning the Triune God
- The mighty works of God
- The simple Word of God
triune God, witness of Jesus Christ (1 John 5:1-13, John 17:20-26)
- The persons in heaven who give
that witness:† Father, Son, and
Spirit; and these three are one.
- The facts on earth through which
that witness is given:† Spirit,
water, and blood; and these three agree as one.
- The end of history for which that
witness is given:† God, church, and
world; and these three come to agree as one.
in the Triune God
apostolic confession and the apostolic blessing (2 Cor. 13:14)
- The riches of both
- The meaning of both
- The need for both
faith in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit
- So we know him
- So we confess him
- So we entrust ourselves to him
- We are involved in his work
- Through his work we know fellowship
confession of the Triune God speaks of:
- The Father as Creator
- The Son as Redeemer
- The Spirit as Sanctifier